Credit Union owners are both customer and owner. As a customer, you receive the services you want and as an owner you enjoy a return on your share investment in the form of competitive rates, value costs for premium services, and local control of your own financial institution.
Local Ownership and Control
Belonging to a credit union means that you are more than a customer - you are an owner - and as an owner you get to influence the progress of your business. There is a voluntary Board of Directors that you elect with your right to vote at the Annual General Meeting. All decisions are made locally, by people who live in and understand your local community. As neighbours, living and working in the same community, offers all the financial services you require with a big difference - pride in knowing all monies stay here in our own communities working for your own economic benefit. You'll enjoy a flexible approach to business and responsiveness to local concerns. All things being equal, why would you not choose a financial institution where the very ownership structure is designed to focus on, and is sensitive to, your needs?
is uniquely positioned to support community development through:
· Loans to owners and small businesses
· Investment to community projects
· Sponsorship of community activities and events
· Public education programs to foster personal financial well-being
· The OMISTA Credit Union Bursary Program is designed to assist deserving students in need. Bursaries valued at $500 each will be awarded on the basis of financial need, leadership not only in academic pursuits but also in citizenship, and volunteer activities.
· Employees active in the community as members of boards of trade, chambers of commerce, church groups, service organizations, charitable organizations, and numerous other activities
Service to Owners
OMISTA takes pride in our professionally trained, knowledgeable employees that provide personal service and attention to owners with four service locations in New Brunswick - Moncton and Fredericton. Our Wealth Management Advisors are also available 7 days a week and outside normal business hours to meet with you at home or at the office. Owners can choose to transact their business electronically through Automated TeleService, Personal Contact TeleService, ATMs and MemberDirect® Online Access or Mobile Banking