Boards and Elections
OMISTA Credit UnionOMISTA Credit Union is a democratic financial institution that operates with the best interests of our owners, community and environment in mind. You could play an integral role in shaping the future direction of this progressive, dynamic, and caring organization.
Who is Eligible to become a Director?
A person who is a citizen of Canada, 19 years of age or older, an owner of the credit union and who satisfies the requirements set out in the by-laws of the credit union may be a director, unless he or she:
- is an undischarged bankrupt person;
- is an employee of a credit union, a trade association or the guarantee corporation;
- is not bondable; is an auditor, or a member of the auditor's firm, of that credit union;
- is a parent, child, spouse, brother or sister of an employee of the credit union;
- is the solicitor of that credit union;
- is a public employee whose official duties are concerned with the affairs of credit unions;
- is a person who has a loan with the credit union on which principle or interest is in arrears for a period established by regulation.