Awards and Recognition
Credit Unions Win Record Nine IPSO Best Banking Awards
TORONTO, ON – August 27, 2015 Canadians rank Credit Unions first among all financial institutions for the 11th consecutive year.
Credit Unions are honoured to receive nine awards in the 2015 Ipsos® Best Banking Awards ͥin Canada among all financial institutions. Sole honours include 1st in Customer Service Excellence, Branch Service Excellence, 11th consecutive year respectively, and 1st in Values My Business, for the 8th consecutive year. In total, Canadian Credit Unions were awarded nine awards in teh following categories:
- 1st for Customer Service Excellence (11th consecutive year)
- 1st for Branch Service Excellence (11th consecutive year)
- 1st for Values My Business (eighth consecutive year)
- 1st (tied) for Products & Services Excellence
- 1st (tied)ii for Financial Planning and Advice (eighth consecutive year)
- 1st (tied) for ATM Banking Excellence (third consecutive year)
- 1st (tied) for Online Banking Excellence
- 1st (tied) for Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence (3rd consecutive year)
- 1st (tied) for Automated Telephone Banking Excellence*
“What we offer is a better way in the financial service industry. Our customers are also our owners, so our organizational structure means our success is based on the success of our customers. Whether that means listening well to ensure that we provide the most empowering advice, or going the extra mile to provide the tools our customers need to succeed. This better relationship enables us to provide solutions that are better for the people we serve”, says Richard Vaillancourt, CEO.
“Canadian Credit Unions remain unique in the ways that they conduct business and serve their customers. This is reflected in the very core of daily operations through social responsibility and community outreach programs – and resulted in making Credit Unions what they are today; the cornerstones of community strength,” explains Martha Durdin, president and CEO, Credit Union Central of Canada.
To view the list of 2015 award winners, click here: 2015 Ipsos Best Banking Award Winners
Follow us on Twitter @OMISTACU
® Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter Inc.
About Credit Union Central of Canada (CUCC)
Credit Union Central of Canada is the national trade association for the Canadian credit union system. Canada’s credit union system is a vital competitor in the financial services industry. CUCC represents five provincial/regional Centrals and one Federation representing 303 credit unions with more than $177.7 billion in assets and serving over 5.35 million members, outside of Quebec. For more information about Canada’s credit union system visit www.cucentral.ca.
Ipsos is an independent market research company controlled and managed by research professionals. Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos has grown into a worldwide research group with a strong presence in all key markets. Ipsos ranks third in the global research industry.
With offices in 87 countries, Ipsos delivers insightful expertise across five research specializations: brand, advertising and media, customer loyalty, marketing, public affairs research, and survey management.
Ipsos researchers assess market potential and interpret market trends. They develop and build brands. They help clients build long-term relationships with their customers. They test advertising and study audience responses to various media and they measure public opinion around the globe.
Ipsos has been listed on the Paris Stock Exchange since 1999 and generated global revenues of €1,669.5 ($2,218.4 million) in 2014.
Visit www.ipsos.com to learn more about Ipsos’ offerings and capabilities.
ͥIpsos 2015 Best Banking Awards are based on ongoing quarterly Customer Service Index (CSI) survey results. Sample size for the total 2015 CSI program year ended with the August 2015 survey wave was 45,391 completed surveys yielding 65,991 financial institution ratings nationally.
ͥ ͥAwards Criteria
· Where more than one financial institution shares an Award, it indicates that there was no statistically significant difference between the eligible FI with the highest score and that of one or more other eligible FI’s for the relevant Awards category; based on top box results stat tested at the 95% confidence level.
· Awards sample size requirement: Minimum total unweighted institution count of 400 per financial institution per Awards category.
* prior to 2013 there was a single Award for total Telephone Banking, which the credit union system shared each year from 2008 to 2012.
TOP 101 Companies
OMISTA has consistently been named as one of the TOP 101 Companies of Atlantic Canada in Progress magazine's annual ranking. The TOP 101 is a ranking of corporate leaders in this dynamic marketplace we call home. This recognition program consistently commands the attention of the most influential decision makers in our Atlantic region. It is indeed an honour to be consistently included with the strongest business leaders in the Atlantic!
Best Places to Work in Atlantic Canada
The Best Places to Work program was designed to showcase the best employers in the region as recognized by their employees for making it a priority to create better workplaces.
In this annual survey, OMISTA Credit Union’s signature strengths in human resource policies relating to leadership, culture, and company practices are recognized and celebrated.